OhioFlyers.org

OhioFlyers.org (http://www.ohioflyers.org/forums.php)
-   For Sale / Wanted (http://www.ohioflyers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   For Sale: 1980's Falcon V Hang glider (http://www.ohioflyers.org/showthread.php?t=1697)

mar7k 09-01-2015 10:05 AM

1980's Falcon V Hang glider

3 Attachment(s)
I have been storing my hang glider in my garage for roughly 30 years. Every 2 years, I take it out and clean it and inspect it. I don't believe it is certified to fly any longer. So I do not want to sell it. But I would like to give it to a responsible person who might have need or desire to have it. For free. You just have to pick it up. I live in North Olmsted, OH. I have attached 3 images of it. I already checked with the club to see if it was OK for me to do this.

Thanks,
Mark

RickM 09-01-2015 06:04 PM

Chuck's Glider supplies...you really have a vintage glider on your hands there. Probably from mid 70's?

IndianaBob 09-01-2015 08:16 PM

I would like to own it if possible.

IndianaBob 09-01-2015 08:18 PM

It looks like an old S.S.T. mid to upper 70's.

IndianaBob 09-01-2015 08:20 PM

Dang forgot to put one of my phone # 812-599-6654

mar7k 09-01-2015 09:33 PM

Thanks. I have found a new owner for my hang glider.

Thank you RickM and Indiana Bob. I appreciate your comments. My glider holds very fond memories for me and I am happy that it is finding a new home.

Thanks again!

Mark

IndianaBob 09-01-2015 09:42 PM

Thank you. I will give it a nice cozy home. I am a pack rat. I have no intentions on flying it just so the other readers know. I did fly an Alpha when I was about 18-19 yrs old, that old glider was a good one. I even flew it from Richmonddale once or twice when I was a teenager. Wow how the time had gone and past seems like yesterday. Wish I had that old Apha now just for memory sake.

Steven Fogle 09-03-2015 04:34 AM

My first hang glider was a WW SST (the big one - 100A) - I keep my eyes peeled hoping to find one for the same reasons. Wish I had never sold it, but I did to fund my second glider - an Electra Flyer Olympus (also keeping an eye out for one of those as well).

IndianaBob 09-03-2015 07:46 AM

My first glider was a Delta rag wing, I traded my first car for it that my Dad bought a (Ford Granada) I thought he was going to come unglued, he blew his top. I nearly drove my parents Nuts hang gliding through my teenage years. My first good glider was the Apha, I flew it all the time and loved that old glider.

RickM 09-03-2015 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Fogle (Post 11672)
My first hang glider was a WW SST (the big one - 100A) - I keep my eyes peeled hoping to find one for the same reasons. Wish I had never sold it, but I did to fund my second glider - an Electra Flyer Olympus (also keeping an eye out for one of those as well).

I had an Olympus also...loved that glider. I just disassembled one last year for the tubing. You wouldn't have wanted to fly it. The sailcloth was so degraded it would rip as easily as an old bed sheet.