OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Flight Reports

Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 PM

Terry that sucks man.
Did your body hit the down tube?
Was there any down wind issues during the flair?

Not having wheels and mostly flying in places where it really wouldn't do any good even if I had wheels, I'm always interested in...well let's just say I'm glad I have quick feet.

Any shared lessons learned would be appreciated.

Hope you get your stuff fixed soon.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:44 PM

Not wanting to steel anyones thunder I didn't elaborate much on wesmer sat. But since I haven't seen any other reports and I'm bored, I'm going ahead and being a thunder stealer.

It seemed to be a day of new wings. John got to have a full day of test flying while Willie took the honors of tow duties for the day, (thanks Willie!).
I'm horrible with names so I hope I get this right. Myself and mike shared the the towing rotation along with johns test filghts and felix hopping in for a few tows later in the day. Unfortunately after johns test flight nick spent the day trying to figure out how to reduce the trim speed on the new to him ultrasport(?).
In the mean time I finally got to meet Bryan, the other Pittsburgh pilot, as he was doing a great job of making the towing opperation run smooth for the rest of us. After a long day he finaly got to hook in for a nice flight in the boyant evening air. It came to my attention later that he later transitioned to cart launching after I left. I feel fairley confident dude has the sickness and it's only a mater of time before we in the burgh have another daudalus member. (Thanks John). Also thanks to everyone for making mom and dad feel welcome.
It looked like there were a fist full of students also eager to fly but unfortunately I didn't get to meet any of them.
Fresh blood, good times, great people, a wonderfull facility and a willing instructor makes wesmar one of the best places to be reguardless of flying conditions...love that place.

Almost forgot, the joy of seeing the fly taking it's first flights of the year and the look on the parents faces when I explained "yeah, dude tows us up with that".
What? How high?
High enough that I can no longer can see you from the air.

Last edited by Steve555; 03-24-2009 at 09:38 PM.