OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Flight Reports

Old 10-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Club Member

Default Bad news, bad news. Good news?

Wed was a pretty good day, Erick got the air hog award with better than 3 hrs, we both got to the inversion at around 3500 agl. Lift was kind of trashy during my 50 min flight, zigged when I should have zagged, but Erick reported it smoothed out later. Mike C. Also had a short flight.
Thur forecast was kind of ify but Larry W and I gambled and lost. The winds were to cross and strong with gusts at times up to 15 on the ground. Also Willie had noticed a lot of oil coming from the engine on the trike.
Now for the bad news, the trike is grounded until repairs can be made.
So Lesa and I took the long way home via Richmoundale, more bad news. The corn is still up.
Good news? Oh yea the beans are down so we do have a LZ.
The beans west of Higby Rd are down and the beans just south of Tom's H4 landing area are down. I would think the corn would be harvested soon.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry Ball For This Useful Post:

Old 10-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Club Member

More good news too Larry. Looks like Sunday might be a good day to see if the corn is cut, fly the rRdge and get a birds eye view of all the pretty fall colors.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:25 AM
Club Member

[quote=Larry Ball;10916]
The beans west of Higby Rd are down and the beans just south of Tom's H4 landing area are down.

Soon as Eric gets the bulldozer work done it will be a H-2 LZ. AND! no more waiting for a LZ to appear in the crop fields. Has the bottom of hill been smoothed out yet Eric? Good ideas should be completed.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Club Member

Default Work on Richmondale site

No other work has been done to the hill as far as I know and when you guys see how much I did, you will probably wonder if I slept on the hill while I was there. I wouldn't even call it a dent. I am willing to pay a share to doze it down (My contribution$250) but if anyone think I will pay this alone, they are absolutely wrong. It needs done!

As for bull dozing the LZ, it could be a good idea, I don't know what the others think about it. It could be a good idea to get it done at the same time, but if the funds aren't there, we should at least get the top done. Before getting an official quote… we should get with the owners and get permission, can anyone get this conversation going and see if it's even possible?

Many claim they can't get to the site when it's time to work on it, (I will include myself), this will not require your presence, so how much can you contribute?

1.EP $250
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Proulx For This Useful Post:

Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Proulx View Post
Many claim they can't get to the site when it's time to work on it, (I will include myself), this will not require your presence, so how much can you contribute?

1.EP $250

Now that's an invitation. "BUT!" what I remember of excavation cost 35 years ago you need to think larger amounts and more than 10 slots.

Because I believe you can get this done Eric, I'll back that with $500.00 and a additional $250.00 from that anonymous source watching and interested in the sort of things that make it better for all. (damn early call for a Saturday)

Old 10-04-2014, 10:42 PM

Default Pencil me in!

$250 from me too...
The Following User Says Thank You to kacmazmert For This Useful Post:

Old 10-05-2014, 08:06 PM
Club Member

To keep things simple, I will create a new thread entitled... "Richmondale site improvement fund" and brief what has already been discussed via other threads for those who missed it.