OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Safety & Know-how

Old 04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to sdelivera
Exclamation Hang Loop Recall - Recent Sport 2 and U2 Gliders

The following was posted 4/13/2012 on the Wills Wing Website:

URGENT REMINDER - Hang Loop Recall - Recent Sport 2 and U2 Gliders
URGENT REMINDER - Hang Loop Recall - Recent Sport 2 and U2 Gliders and replacement kingpost hang type hang loops.

You are reminded that there is currently in effect an inspection and recall notice for defective kingpost type hang loops. Recently a pilot had the main loop fail completely in flight -he was saved by the backup loop. It is imperative that all kingpost hang type hang loops that may be subject to this recall be inspected, and replaced if necessary. Because the defect is the result of a damaged grommet setting tool, we expect that EVERY hang loop produced during the period the tool was damaged will need to be replaced. We have extended the inspection period back to loops produced starting January 1, 2009.

Current production models that use this type of hang loop are all U2s and all Sport 2s. Recently manufactured replacement hang loops for other models using a kingpost hang system are also affected by this inspection recall notice.

Please seeTB20110825R - Hang Loop Recallfor instructions.

This Technical Bulletin does not apply to Falcon 3 or T2/T2C gliders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies if this is a double post..... I felt it was better to over communicate something like this.

I recently bought a used WW Sport 2. I'll be contacting WW to see about getting myself included in any future safety notices.

Last edited by sdelivera; 04-27-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot link to the source
The Following User Says Thank You to sdelivera For This Useful Post:

Tags
manufacture, notice, recall, safety